The New Mexico Palomino Exhibitors Association
nmpalomino – NOW ON FACEBOOK!! Where you'll find up to date show and club information as well as photos and more...... www.facebook.com/nmpalomino
is the state affiliate of the Palomino Horse Breeders of America (PHBA). NMPEA was formed in 1943 to promote Palomino Horses in the State of New Mexico
Join us in celebrating our 75th Anniversary in 2018!
October 2018 Update
NMPEA invites you to join us
Please view the October 2018 newsletter for more news and photos
NMPEA Annual Meeting
• November 29, 2018, at 6:30 pm, in Albuquerque. Please RSVP by November 10th if you will be attending the annual meeting as we need to book an appropriate location. Please contact Ron Morris at 505-417-6167
• Membership in NMPEA and PHBA is required to vote or hold office or director positions. Per NMPEA bylaws, membership is required 30 days prior to the annual meeting to vote. If you have a life membership in PHBA, an NMPEA affiliate membership is also required to vote in NMPEA elections.
• Nominating Committee recommends the following for NMPEA officers and board members:
– Ron Morris, President
– Nancy Grice, Vice-President
– Marcus McClain, Secretary
– Berniece Zielke, Treasurer
– Board members - Donna Fowler and Jason Turner
• Nominations will also be taken from the floor at the meeting.
• PHBA affiliate national director positions will be voted on at meeting.
– 3 National Directors and 2 Alternates
– 3 Amateur National Directors and 2 Alternates
• If you are interested in serving on the NMPEA board or as a PHBA affiliate national director, please contact Ron Morris.
• Ballots will be mailed or emailed to current paid members and must be returned by November 20th or at annual meeting.
• Please submit agenda items to Ron Morris, text 505-417-6167 or email email@example.com by November 20th. Topics and suggestions can be submitted for discussion and vote by paid members whether attending meeting or not.
• A youth meeting will held directly prior to the annual general membership meeting to elect 2019 officers (president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer and board members) and national directors (2 national directors and 1 alternate). Also, looking for a youth advisor.
NMPEA Annual Awards Banquet –Saturday, December 8th, 7 pm, the Whole Hog Cafe on Montgomery Blvd., Albuquerque, NM
Watch your email or mailbox for more info & invitation! Reservations required. Contact Ron Morris at 505-417-6167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Join us to Celebrate NMPEA's 75th Anniversary!
Please see October 2018 newsletter for IMPORTANT NMPEA membership information!
LAST CHANCE TO BUY OR TURN IN YOUR TICKETS FOR THE RAFFLE IS AT THE AWARDS BANQUET!
2018 RAFFLE TICKETS AVAILABLE– $2.00 donation per ticket
LIMITED NUMBER OF TICKETS AVAILABLE! Drawing at awards banquet. Need not be present to win. Tickets are available from club members or by mail – Check payable to NMPEA, c/o Berniece Zielke, PO Box 908, Belen, NM 87002.
• GRAND PRIZE - Flat Screen TV (49" - 55")
• 2nd Prize - eTablet
• 3rd Prize - $50 Prepaid Visa Card
Thanks to everyone (sellers, buyers and our host, Paul's Veterinary Supply) who came out for the Tack Swap/Sale at Paul's in Albuquerque on October 13th! As usual, lots of selection and great deals made. Another will be scheduled for spring 2019.
To our NMPEA youth members listed on the PHBA website, www.palominohba.com,
2018 TOP TEN PALOMINOS (through 9/28/18):
Top Ten Novice Youth:
2. Kyrah Bowker showing Dress Western Gold
4. Denny Turner showing Golds Classic Las
6. Presley Wright showing Sheza Golden Krymsun
9 (tie). Holly Chavez showing Smart Custom Juice
Top Ten Youth Ages 5-9:
2. Ian Danforth (now in TX) showing Twice The Scamp
Thanks to everyone who came out and supported the RED CHILE FIESTA , August 18-19, 2018 at Wright's Arena, Stanley, NN. Great show with 63 total horses (combined total for palominos, paints, pintos and all breed horses) of which 14 were palominos and there were 17 palomino exhibitors (including 10 palomino youth exhibitors)!
SHOW RESULTS from the Red Chile Fiesta and the NM State Fair Palomino show plus the High Point Palomino Exhibitors from the State Fair 4-H Show can be found in the October 2018 newsletter.
NMPEA YEAR END AWARDS PROGRAM
2018 SHOW SEASON – November 1, 2017 through October 31, 2018
Last day to mail or email report card (or acceptable substitute) to point keeper is no more than 30 days after the end of a show or event (or by November 15th if show is October 15th or later).
Reminder: Show results from shows in NM not sanctioned by PHBA must be submitted by exhibitor to the point keeper.
Up to six non sanctioned shows can be submitted to count towards NMPEA year end awards. Report cards can be found online on the left hand side of this page "NMPEA Show Report Card".
2019 SHOW SEASON – November 1, 2018 through October 31, 2019
Nomination fees for enrollment in NMPEA year end awards program: $20 enrollment fee per horse allows one horse to be shown by any exhibitor in any division for one fee. Exhibitors and horse owner(s) must be members of PHBA and NMPEA. Points for amateur and youth will continue to be tabulated on one horse and one exhibitor team. Enrollment forms, rules and program flyer are available online at www.nmpea.com.
2018 Officers and Board Members:
President – Ron Morris, email – email@example.com, phone (505) 417-6167
Vice-President – Nancy Grice, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary – Marcus McClain, email – email@example.com
Treasurer – Berniece Zielke, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Donna Fowler email – email@example.com
Dr. Jason Turner email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We extend a special thank you to our 2017 and 2018 sponsors and volunteers:
Old Mill Farm & Ranch Supply, Los Chavez, Belen and Moriarty, 505-865-5432
Paul's Veterinary Supply, Albuquerque, 505-341-9401
Ray and Patti Martinez, Arizona
Ron Morris and Berniece Zielke, Belen, www.littlehillsranch.com
Sharon and Marcus McClain, Santa Fe
Sierra Cleaners, Belen, 505-864-5934
Susan Blakely, New Jersey
Tanya Dodds, Albuquerque
Donna Fowler, Albuquerque
Wayne and Cathy Rae Justus, Colorado, www.waynejustus.com
Lauretta and Mariah Montoya, Edgewood
Barbara Quintana, Albuquerque
Carlos, Margaret and Yvonne Saavedra, Albuquerque
Dan's Boots and Saddles, Los Ranchos, www.dansboots.com
Kay Coen, Espanola
Lillian Creel, Albuquerque
Nancy Grice, Veguita
Roland and Diana Martinez, Albuquerque
The Turner Family, Las Cruces
Mallory Olisar, Corrales
Beverly Maeker, Corrales
El Pinto Restaurant, Albuquerque's north valley
Santa Fe Trail Realty, Maggie Chavez, 505-913-9393, email@example.com , santafetrailrealty.info
Javier's Lath and Plaster, Santa Fe, 505-780-5131
Desert Bloom Embroidery, Los Lunas, Desertbloomembroidery@gmail.com
Onate Feed, Albuquerque South Valley, www.onatefeedmill.com
Paradise Village Electronic Specialists, Albuquerque
Suella Boyd, Laguna
We appreciate our generous sponsors and volunteers. If you would like to become a sponsor or know someone who would, please contact Ron Morris. Sponsorships start at $10 for a friend of NMPEA to $500 for a GOLD sponsor. Any amount is appreciated and goes to promote palominos, outreach programs, shows and awards. Sponsorship form can be found online at www.nmpea.com
Show your Palomino Pride:
75th Anniversary Logo Merchandise available for purchase: jackets, vests, caps, garment bags, etc. Can order at banquet or bring what you would like embroidered to the meeting or banquet and we can make arrangements to get it back to you when completed.Our 75th anniversary Logo'd merchandise looks really sharp! You can see examples on our facebook page, www.facebook.com/nmpalomino.
We look forward to seeing you at our annual meeting and awards banquet!
It's been a great honor to serve as 2018 president of NMPEA. I've been a part of NMPEA for over half of its 75 years; serving in numerous positions and showing locally and at the PHBA World Show. NMPEA is poised to continue for another 75 years. Let's make it happen!
PO Box 908
Belen, NM 87002
email – firstname.lastname@example.org
PHBA (Palomino Horse Breeders of America) National Convention – March 13-16, 2019 – Tulsa, OK
NMPEA is organized for the purpose of
exhibiting, promoting, stimulating interest
and providing means for improving
the Palomino Horse and
further the interest of its members
through cooperation and collaboration with the
Palomino Horse Breeders of America, Inc. (PHBA). NMPEA shall also encourage publicity and sale of the Palomino Horse Breed.