The New Mexico Palomino Exhibitors Association
nmpalomino – NOW ON FACEBOOK!! Where you'll find up to date show and club information as well as photos and more...... www.facebook.com/nmpalomino
is the state affiliate of the Palomino Horse Breeders of America (PHBA). NMPEA was formed in 1947 to promote Palomino Horses in the State of New Mexico
October 2017 Update
View newsletters in menu to left for more information and photos.
NMPEA Annual Meeting
• November 7, 2017, 6:30 pm, Fuddruckers on South Yale (near airport) in Albuquerque.
• Nominating Committee recommends the following for NMPEA officers and board members:
– Ron Morris, President
– Nancy Grice, Vice-President
– Berniece Zielke, Treasurer
– Board members – Tanya Dodds, Donna Fowler and Jason Turner
• Nominations will also be taken from the floor at the meeting.
• PHBA affiliate director positions will be voted on at meeting.
• If you are interested in serving on the NMPEA board or as a PHBA affiliate director, please contact Ron Morris.
Membership in NMPEA and PHBA is required to vote or hold office or director positions. Per NMPEA bylaws, membership required 30 days prior to vote. If you have a life membership in PHBA, an NMPEA affiliate membership is also required to vote in NMPEA elections.
• Ballots will be mailed or emailed to current paid members and must be returned by November 5th or at annual meeting.
• Please submit agenda items to Ron Morris by November 1st. Topics and suggestions can be submitted for discussion and vote by paid members whether attending meeting or not.
NMPEA Annual Awards Banquet – Saturday, December 9th, Posse Cafe, Belen, NM – Watch your mailbox for a postcard invitation!
We have three fundraisers underway:
FALL TACK SALE/SWAP at Paul's Vet Supply on Osuna in Albuquerque on October 28th from 9 am to 1 pm.
• Rent a space for $10 to sell tack, show clothes, equipment, etc. Clean out your closet, tack room and horse trailer and make a little $$$ to boot. $10 rental fee goes to support local NM Palomino and Pinto Club events and activities. Contact Becky at Paul's to reserve a space, 505-341-9401.
• Donate items to NMPEA to sell at tack sale or on facebook to support club. Contact Ron Morris at 505-417-6167 if you have items to donate. Bring to tack sale or we can make arrangements to pick up.
• Come check out the tack sale! You may find a great deal on something you must have!
2017 RAFFLE TICKETS AVAILABLE – $2.00 donation per ticket
LIMITED NUMBER OF TICKETS AVAILABLE! Drawing will be made at awards banquet in December.
Need not be present to win. Tickets are available from board members or by mail – NMPEA, c/o Berniece Zielke, PO Box 908, Belen, NM 87002.
• GRAND PRIZE – Flat Screen TV (49" – 55")
• 2nd Prize – GoPro Camera
• 3rd Prize – $50 Prepaid Visa Card
CHECK OUT OUR FACEBBOK PAGE AT www.facebook.com/nmpalomino!
We have 4 Wayne Justus signed prints for sale (will be posted on facebook). Wayne is a nationally recognized western artist and winner of the AQHA Steeldust Award at America's Horse in Art! Wayne and his wife, Cathy, have shown with NMPEA for many years.
2017 SHOW SEASON – November 1, 2016 through October 31, 2017
Last day to mail or email report card (or acceptable substitute) to point keeper is no more than 30 days after the end of a show or event (or by November 15th if show is October 15th or later).
Reminder: Show results from shows in NM not sanctioned by PHBA must be submitted by exhibitor to the point keeper.
Up to six non sanctioned shows can be submitted to count towards NMPEA year end awards. Report cards can be found on the left hand side of this page.
2018 SHOW SEASON – November 1, 2017 through October 31, 2018
Nomination fees for enrollment in NMPEA year end awards program have been simplified: $20 enrollment fee per horse allows one horse to be shown by members in any division for one fee. Points for amateur and youth will continue to be tabulated on one horse and one exhibitor team. Enrollment forms, rules and program flyer will be updated with this information as soon as possible.
2017 Officers and Board Members:
President – Ron Morris, email – email@example.com, phone (505) 417-6167
Vice-President – Nancy Grice, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary – Marcus McClain, email – email@example.com
Treasurer – Berniece Zielke, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Donna Fowler email – email@example.com
Tanya Dodds,email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We extend a special thank you to our 2016 and 2017 sponsors and volunteers:
Old Mill Farm & Ranch Supply, Los Chavez, Belen and Moriarty, 505-865-5432
Onate Feed, Albuquerque South Valley, www.onatefeedmill.com
Paul's Veterinary Supply, Albuquerque, 505-341-9401
Ray and Patti Martinez, Arizona
Ron Morris & Berniece Zielke, Belen, www.littlehillsranch.com
Sharon & Marcus McClain, Santa Fe
Sierra Cleaners, Belen, 505-864-5934
Susan Blakely, New Jersey
Tanya Dodds, Albuquerque
Wayne & Cathy Rae Justus, Colorado, www.waynejustus.com
Barbara Quintana, Albuquerque
Carlos, Margaret and Yvonne Saavedra, Albuquerque
Dan's Boots and Saddles, Albuquerque North Valley, www.dansboots.com
Kay Coen, Espanola
Lillian Creel, Albuquerque
Nancy Grice, Veguita
Carmen O'Donnell, Alabama
We appreciate our generous sponsors and volunteers. If you would like to become a sponsor or know someone who would, please contact Ron Morris. Sponsorships start at $10 for a friend of NMPEA to $500 for a GOLD sponsor. Any amount is appreciated and goes to promote palominos, outreach programs, shows and awards. Sponsorship form available on this page.
We look forward to seeing you at our annual meeting and awards banquet!
PO Box 908
Belen, NM 87002
email – email@example.com
NMPEA is organized for the purpose of
exhibiting, promoting, stimulating interest
and providing means for improving
the Palomino Horse and
further the interest of its members
through cooperation and collaboration with the
Palomino Horse Breeders of America, Inc. (PHBA). NMPEA shall also encourage publicity and sale of the Palomino Horse Breed.